Color Throwdown 491

Hello everyone!  I'm so excited to be a Guest Designer for this month's weekly Color Throwdown Challenge!  The colors this week are Coral, Green, White and Kraft.  Such a beautiful combination!



For my card today, I used both the colors and the inspirational photo as the motivation for my design.  


CTD491


Here's the inspirational photo.  Isn't that color combo so gorgeous and refreshing?


For my card today, I first diecut a piece of smooth white card stock using the Inside & Out Diagonal Rectangle STAX Die-namics from My Favorite Things.  I then used the Bold Paisley Stencil to spread some Spring Green Nuvo Mousse.


For my butterflies, I blended a few watercolors onto some Ranger Watercolor Paper to get a coral color and splashed it with some white, black and gold ink for some added interest.  Once dry, I used this sheet from which to diecut the base portion of my butterflies.



 For the detailed portion of the butterfly, I simply cut it from white card stock and then glued it to the base portion with the wings slightly folded up for some added dimension.  Lastly, I heat embossed my sentiment (from the More Essentials Stamp Set) with Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and added a small drop of Nuvo Ivory Seashell Drops to the center of each butterfly.


I hope you enjoyed my card today!  Come play along and join in on the fun with us this week!  Make sure to head on over to the Color Throwdown Blog for more information and crafty inspiration!

Also, don't forget to take a look and see what beautiful projects the Color Throwdown Team has created!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you all have a lovely day!

Rachel

No comments :

Post a Comment